Sunday 31 March 2013

The Spark

Ever had that a-ha moment when an idea just hits you, and ignites a whole chain reaction of ideas that explode into something great, beautiful, amazing? Into a work of art you just have to create, and ultimately, share before you burn up? Well, it just takes a spark, but sometimes it's hard to know what to do with it once flint hits steel.

That's why I've started this blog. I got that spark four years ago--and I sat on it. Now, I've started the fire, but I have come to realize just what a long, dark road it is to publication, and I'm worried my fuel might run out before I get to the end.

Well, enough analogies, I'm here because I feel that many other people are on this journey with me. You have a spark, you've nursed it, but now you don't know what to do, where to go. Well, I've learned a bit--not all mind you--but I thought I might be able to share some of what I've learned and answer a few questions as I make my way along this pot hole ridden road toward the ultimate destination of publication. 

For some the end road isn't getting published, it's just having a final product--and that's awesome too. I will talk about it all--from spark to flame, and possibly even to smoldering ashes...but hopefully not..so if you ever asked yourself what it takes to get published, or to take an idea from concept to finished product, then I hope you stick around and share this experience with me!

~Sparks


CC Viamoi http://www.flickr.com/photos/viamoi/3012259645/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment